Rules & Disclaimer
The TALL POPPY WRITER’S PERFECT PITCH CONTEST (“Contest”) is organized by The Tall Poppy Writers LLC (“Organizer”). By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these legal terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
- The Contest is open to women and people who identify as women writers of all ages in the United States, except members of the Tall Poppy Writers and their immediate family members.
- To enter the Contest, you must submit an original and unpublished title and short summary of a work of fiction or non-fiction, written in English, following the submission form guidelines. All entries must be made using the entry form. You may submit up to three works for consideration. Each entry requires a separate submission and entry fee ($25/entry). Submitted works must not exceed 250 words in length each. The deadline for submissions is May 9, 2023.
- Submission indicates permission to be read by all judges.
- Payment must be completed when the form is submitted.
- Incomplete or incorrectly completed entry forms will be disqualified.
- You agree that your submission will be original work and does not violate any copyrights.
- The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with the Terms and Conditions or that is deemed inappropriate or offensive.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of winners.
- Winning any of the prizes does not indicate or guarantee representation by any of the agents on the judging panel.
- The judges will be given the emails of the winners should they wish further communication.
- Prizes will be awarded as following announcement of winners. The Organizer reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that a prize becomes unavailable.
- The winners will be announced and will be notified by email within five days after the judges make their decisions. If a winner does not respond within 5 days of the announcement, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- By entering the contest, you grant the Organizer the right to use your name, image, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes in any media without further compensation.
- The Organizer is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the contest materials, or for any technical failures that may affect the entry process.
- Organizer reserves the right to modify or cancel the contest at any time.
When you submit your contest entry form, your email will be added to the Tall Poppies general mailing list. Your information will not be shared with any third party and you can remove your name from the list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the bottom of any mailing you receive.